There is increasing demand for Education Assistants (EAs) and they are employed by every school district throughout the province. Oscar International College prepares students to work as EAs in a school setting and as part of a team. The program includes both theoretical studies, observation and practical applications. EAs assist school teachers and other staff as they work with students who may require additional support for academic, ESL, behavioral, and special needs. Students also required to work on Individualized Education Plans for individual children who are facing various learning challenges: for example: cognitive abilities, physical, severe health issues, and autism related disorders. The program is offered in a classroom format, at Vancouver, Surrey and Abbotsford locations.
The Education Assistant program was reviewed and approved by the
registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of
Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- B.C. secondary school graduation or equivalent, or mature student status 19 years of age
- Passing OIC entrance interview
- Proof of First Aid and CPR training courses, (these requirements will be completed during the program if not met at the time of admission).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Academic or General within the past two years; with an overall score of 6, OR
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) within the past two years; IBT with an overall score of 76, OR.
College in-house English competency test